Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sprint oversold network

            After being a Sprint PCS customer for quite some time I have noticed in the DMV area that the service has gotten from great I highly recommend Sprint down to well I still have the phone. The service has gotten terrible for instance everyday when I get off the WMATA's rail service I check an application on my phone to see when the bus is coming. However now it has gotten to the point where I have to wait 5 minutes for see results that are smaller than 100KB and by then the bus has already came or I just missed one.
 
          Now lets talk about data the service that most people use on their smart phone's. In the past at my house I used to get about 150k/bs download and 80k/bs on upload which Sprint says those are peak speeds but those should be speeds seen everywhere as CDMA networks like Sprint and Verizon have to compete against GSM networks which use HSPA for 3G which can bring peak speeds of nearly 8 megabits. Now into Sprint's Wimax which Sprint discontinued selling and gave to prepaid networks and after testing the OverDrive Pro mobile hotspot the speeds were very similar to the speeds on Verizon's 3G network which was piss poor because Verizon has a max of 3.1 mega bits.

         Finally now on to Voice and SMS which after testing the call quality was great. With SMS it is a different story because we all need to send something quick and SMS have failed to send and Sprint has done nothing to correct this issue if you are having this issue ask to be compensated and ask for a Sprint Airave if you have a corded connection.




No comments:

Post a Comment